We recognize that you want to understand how personally identifiable data about you is being gathered and used. We only use your personal data to offer customized information services.
- Parental Participation. Minors 13 years of age or older must ask their parents for permission before sending any information about themselves to anyone over the Internet. We strongly encourage parents to teach their children about safe internet use practices.
- Information We Receive.
- Personal information: When you sign up for Broadway Break Thru you provide us with your name, email, gender, address and birth date. During the registration process we give you the opportunity to provide additional profile information to help you promote yourself. In some cases we may ask for additional information for security reasons or to provide specific services to you. Once you register you can visit your profile at any time to add or remove personal information.
- Content: One of the primary reasons people use Broadway Break Thru is to share content with hiring professionals. If you do not want us to store metadata associated with content you share on Broadway Break Thru (such as photos), please remove the metadata before uploading the content.
- Transactional Information: We may retain the details of transactions or payments you make on Broadway Break Thru. However, we will only keep your payment source account number with your consent.
- Friend Information: We offer contact importer tools to help you upload your friends’ addresses so that you can find your friends on Broadway Break Thru, and invite your contacts who do not have Broadway Break Thru accounts to join. If you give us your password to retrieve those contacts, we will not store your password after you have uploaded your contacts’ information.
- Information Collected.
- We keep track of the actions you take on Broadway Break Thru. In some cases you are also taking an action when you provide information or content to us. For example, if you share a picture, in addition to storing the actual content you uploaded, we might log the fact you shared it.
- When you access Broadway Break Thru from a computer, mobile phone, or other device, we may collect information from that device about your browser type, location, and IP address, as well as the pages you visit.
- We use “cookies” (small pieces of data we store for an extended period of time on your computer, mobile phone, or other device) to make Broadway Break Thru easier to use, to make our advertising better, and to protect both you and Broadway Break Thru. We also use them to confirm that you are logged into Broadway Break Thru, and to know when you are interacting with Broadway Break Thru Platform applications and websites, our widgets and Share buttons, and our advertisements. You can remove or block cookies using the settings in your browser, but in some cases that may impact your ability to use Broadway Break Thru.
- Other Websites’ Information. We may institute programs with advertising partners and other websites in which they share information with us:
- We may ask advertisers to tell us how our users responded to the ads we showed them (and for comparison purposes, how other users who didn’t see the ads acted on their site). This data sharing, commonly known as “conversion tracking,” helps us measure our advertising effectiveness and improve the quality of the advertisements you see.
- We may receive information about whether or not you’ve seen or interacted with certain ads on other sites in order to measure the effectiveness of those ads.
- Information From Other Users. We may collect information about you from other Broadway Break Thru users, to build a better relationship with you and to customize your user experience.
- Information Shared With Third Parties. We take steps to ensure that others use information that you share on Broadway Break Thru in a manner consistent with your privacy settings, but we cannot guarantee that they will follow our rules. Read the following section to learn more about how you can protect yourself when you share information with third parties.
- Sharing Information On Broadway Break Thru. Information shared with Broadway Break Thru will also be shared with David Petro Casting and CastNotice.com.
- Exporting Information. You, and those you make your information available to, may use tools like RSS feeds, mobile phone address books, or copy and paste functions, to capture and export information from Broadway Break Thru, including your information and information about you.
- Advertisements. Sometimes the advertisers who present ads on Broadway Break Thru use technological methods to measure the effectiveness of their ads and to personalize advertising content. You may opt-out of the placement of cookies by many of these advertisers here. You may also use your browser cookie settings to limit or prevent the placement of cookies by advertising networks.
- Links. When you click on links on Broadway Break Thru you may leave our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites, and we encourage you to read their privacy statements.
- Use Of Your Information. We use the information we collect to try to provide a safe, efficient, and customized experience. The information we collect is used to provide services and features, for site improvements, and to provide customer support. We may also use the information to prevent potentially illegal activities, and to enforce our Terms Of Service. We also use a variety of technological systems to detect and screen content to prevent abuse such as spam. These efforts may on occasion result in a temporary or permanent suspension or termination of some functions for some users.
- Contacting You. We may contact you with service-related announcements from time to time. We may include content you see on Broadway Break Thru in the emails we send to you.
- Personalized Advertising To You. We don’t share your information with advertisers without your consent. We allow advertisers to choose the characteristics of users who will see their advertisements and we may use any of the non-personally identifiable attributes we have collected (including information you may have decided not to show to other users, such as your birth year or other sensitive personal information or preferences) to select the appropriate audience for those advertisements. Even though we do not share your information with advertisers without your consent, when you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement there is a possibility that the advertiser may place a cookie in your browser and note that it meets the criteria they selected.
- Social Ads. We occasionally pair advertisements we serve with relevant information we have about you and your friends to make advertisements more interesting and more tailored. We only share the personally identifiable information visible in the social ad with the friend who can see the ad.
- Supplement Your Personal Information. We may use information about you that we collect from other Broadway Break Thru users to supplement your information. In such cases we generally allow you to direct how that information is shared in your privacy settings or give you the ability to remove the content or limit its visibility on Broadway Break Thru.
- Payments. When you enter into transactions with others or make payments on Broadway Break Thru, we will only share transaction information with those third parties necessary to complete the transaction and will require those third parties to agree to respect the privacy of your information.
- Refunds. All monies paid, with the exception of a $100.00 administrative fee and all credit card processing fees, will be refunded provided the notice of cancellation is received no later than April 1, 2017. No refunds will be provided after April 1, 2017, regardless of circumstance. Refund requests can be sent via e-mail or regular mail only. Phone requests will not be accepted. All refunds are issued by check. Please allow six weeks for processing.
- Scholarships: Broadway Break Thru®, (BBT) is committed to providing quality arts education to all students regardless of their socioeconomic status. A limited amount of scholarships are available and are awarded on the basis of financial need and/or talent. Scholarship decision are made by our board and all decisions are final. Restricts apply and are based on each summer intensive cities partnership agreements.
- Sharing Your Information With Marketers. You may choose to share information with marketers or electronic commerce providers that are not associated with Broadway Break Thru through on-site offers. This is entirely at your discretion and we will not provide your information to these marketers without your consent.
- Our Service Promotion. Sometimes we share aggregated information with third parties to help improve or promote our service. But we only do so in such a way that no individual user can be identified or linked to any specific action or information.
- Subscriber Services Provided. We may use third parties to help host our website, send out email updates about Broadway Break Thru, remove repetitive information from our user lists, process payments, or provide search results or links. These service providers may have access to your personal information for use for a limited time, but when this occurs we implement reasonable contractual and technical protections to limit their use of such information.
- Advertising Our Services. We may ask advertisers outside of Broadway Break Thru to display ads promoting our services. We may ask them to deliver those ads based on the presence of a cookie, but in doing so will not share any other information with the advertiser.
- Joint Services. Broadway Break Thru does share services with David Petro Casting and CastNotice.com. We may provide services jointly with other companies, such as the classifieds service. If you use these services, we may share your information to facilitate that service.
- Change or Remove Information. You may change or delete your profile information at any time by going to your settings page. Information will be updated immediately.
- Deactivating or deleting your account. If you want to stop using your account you may deactivate it or delete it. When you deactivate an account, no user will be able to see it, but it will not be deleted. We save your profile information in case you later decide to reactivate your account. Many users deactivate their accounts for temporary reasons and in doing so are asking us to maintain their information until they return to Broadway Break Thru. You will still have the ability to reactivate your account and restore your profile in its entirety. When you delete an account, it is permanently deleted. You should only delete your account if you are certain you never want to reactivate it. You may deactivate your account on your account settings page.
- Limitations on removal. Even after you remove information from your profile or delete your account, copies of that information may remain viewable elsewhere to the extent it has been shared with others, it was otherwise distributed pursuant to your privacy settings, or it was copied or stored by other users. However, your name will no longer be associated with that information on Broadway Break Thru. Additionally, we may retain certain information to prevent identity theft and other misconduct even if deletion has been requested.
- Backup Copies. Removed and deleted information may persist in backup copies but will not be available to others.
- Keeping Your Information Secure. We keep your account information on a secured server behind a firewall. When you enter sensitive information (such as credit card numbers and passwords), we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). We also use automated and social measures to enhance security, such as analyzing account behavior for fraudulent or otherwise anomalous behavior, may limit use of site features in response to possible signs of abuse, may remove inappropriate content or links to illegal content, and may suspend or disable accounts for violations of our Terms Of Service.
- Risks In Sharing Information. Although we allow you to set privacy options that limit access to your information, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. We cannot control the actions of other users with whom you share your information. We cannot guarantee that only authorized persons will view your information. We cannot ensure that information you share on Broadway Break Thru will not become publicly available. We are not responsible for third party circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures on Broadway Break Thru. You can reduce these risks by using common sense security practices such as choosing a strong password, using different passwords for different services, and using up to date antivirus software.
- Report Violations. You should report any security violations to us on by emailing [email protected]
- Right to Refuse. Broadway Break Thru reserves the right to refuse services to anyone for any reason Broadway Break Thru staff, employees or instructors deem necessary. No refund will be issued.
- Consent To Collection and Processing In The United States. By using Broadway Break Thru, you consent to having your personal data transferred to and processed in the United States.
- Workshop Disclaimers: This and all Broadway Break Thru events are not job interviews. The presence of industry professionals are in no way promises or claims of employment. Broadway Break Thru does not attempt to procure employment for actors/artists . All Broadway Break Thru events are strictly for educational purposes.
If you have any questions please contact us by emailing [email protected]
As you browse broadwaybreakthru.com, advertising cookies will be placed on your computer so that we can understand what you are interested in. Our display advertising partner, AdRoll, then enables us to present you with retargeting advertising on other sites based on your previous interaction with broadwaybreakthru.com. The techniques our partners employ do not collect personal information such as your name, email address, postal address or telephone number. You can visit this page to opt out of AdRoll and their partners’ targeted advertising.